Public Meeting Notices
NOTICE OF CITY COMMISSION ATTENDANCE AT A PUBLIC MEETING/EVENT
Notice is hereby given that more than one Eustis City Commissioner may attend and discuss matters relevant to the City of Eustis at the following public meetings and community events:
- Lake County League of Cities Monthly Meeting (2nd Friday) – Friday, March 10, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon), Mount Dora Golf Course, 1100 S. Highland St., Mount Dora FL.
- 2023 Jazz Revue – Friday, March 10, 2023 with 6:00 p.m. Reception and 7:00 p.m. Concert at Eustis High School auditorium located at 1300 East Washington Ave., Eustis, FL 32726.
- Northshore Neighborhood Watch Meeting – (Every other month the 3rd Wednesday) March 15, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Eustis Community Center (Lakeview Room) located at 601 Northshore Dr, Eustis, FL.
- 9th Annual Amazing Race for Charity- Saturday, April 1, 2023 Event information details to come.
- Lake Eustis Area Chamber of Commerce Member Breakfast – (1st Wednesday) Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 7:15 a.m., Eustis Community Center located at 601 Northshore Dr., Eustis, FL.
- Lake Eustis Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Outing – Friday, April 14, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. at Black Bear Golf Club located at 24505 Calusa Blvd., Eustis FL 32736.
- Lake County League of Cities Monthly Meeting (2nd Friday) – Friday, April 14, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon), Mount Dora Golf Course, 1100 S. Highland St., Mount Dora FL.
- Arbor Day Event – Saturday, April 22, 2023 Location and additional details to come.
- IEMO II April 2023 (Institute for Elected Municipal Officials) – April 28, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. to April 29, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando North located at 225 Shorecrest Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701.
EUSTIS LOCAL PLANNING AGENCY MEETING
THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2023
On Thursday, March 16, 2023, at 5:30 p.m., the Eustis City Commission sitting as the Local Planning Agency will meet and hold a Public Hearing regarding the following item: 1) Ordinance 23-06 assigning the Mixed Commercial Residential (MCR) future land use to property located at 18900 SR 44 and 19702 Eustis Airport Road. The meeting will be held in the City Hall Commission Room, located at 10 N. Grove St., Eustis, FL. The agenda and information pertaining to the business of the LPA will be available through the City’s website or through the City Clerk’s office, located in City Hall at 10 N. Grove Street during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
EUSTIS CITY COMMISSION EXEMPT MEETING
RE: COLLECTIVE BARGAINING NEGOTIATIONS
THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2023
Notice is hereby given pursuant to F.S. 286.011 (8) (d) and F.S. 447.605 of an exempt meeting of the City Commission of the City of Eustis and the City Manager on Thursday, March 16, 2023, immediately following the regular City Commission meeting but no sooner than 7:00 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss collective bargaining and negotiation strategies between the City and the International Association of Firefighters Local 4731. The meeting will be held in the Development Services Conference Room located in City Hall, 10 N. Grove St., Eustis, FL 32726. Those in attendance will be: City of Eustis Commissioners Gary Ashcraft, Nan Cobb, and Willie Hawkins, Vice Mayor Emily Lee, Mayor Michael Holland, City Manager Tom Carrino, Human Resources Director Bill Howe, and Fire Chief Michael Swanson.
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the above agencies or committees with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based (Florida Statutes, 286.0105). Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the office of the City Clerk at (352) 483-5430, at least 48 hours before the date of the scheduled meeting.