1st Annual Georgefest Youth Talent Showcase
1) Open to all area youth ages 17 and under.
2) We recognize this is an excellent opportunity for local businesses or schools to promote their youth-oriented activities. However, in an effort to include a wide variety of entertainment and youth from across the area, please limit the number of entries per business or school to 3.
3) For those groups representing a business or school, one additional individual is invited to join us onstage to provide a short (60-90 second) promo for their business. These groups are also eligible to set up a FREE 10x10 booth space in Ferran Park to promote that business. No distribution of flyers, business cards, coupons, etc. will be allowed outside of this booth space.
4) All talents are welcome! Singing, dancing, instrumental, martial arts, speech, magic, juggling, comedy, etc. If it can be performed safely on our stage (or with prearranged accommodation) and within the allotted time, we welcome you to participate.
5) Each entry will be limited to no more than 3.5 minutes performance time.
6) Any additional set-up and tear-down shall be limited to no more than 4 minutes.
7) All performances, music, etc. must be family friendly. No profanity or vulgarity will be allowed. Performances may be stopped immediately if it is deemed unacceptable by event staff.
8) Music should be brought the day of on a flash drive labeled with the name of the performer(s). Only one file - the song of choice - should be on the drive, and it should be saved as the participant’s name followed by the title of the song. (Example: Suzie Smith; Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star) Participants are encouraged to bring a second, back-up copy just in case. Music is the responsibility of the participant.
9) Microphones will be provided. Please indicate any other audio needs on the application. Participants are responsible for providing any instruments or components that cannot be provided by our production team.
10) All clothing/costumes must be tasteful and age appropriate. Dress to impress! It’s your time to shine on the Georgefest stage!
11) Signing up acknowledges each participant’s understanding that they will be photographed and/or videoed by City of Eustis staff or contractors. Those images may be utilized in future promotional activities by the City of Eustis including, but not limited to: social media, newspaper, and television media.
12) This is NOT a judged performance and no winners will be introduced. However, select participants may be asked to perform at future City of Eustis events. All participants will be recognized at a final gathering of performers, prior to our children’s program at 7:30 p.m. We ask that everyone stay and take a final bow.
Please complete one application per act performing. Limit 3 acts per business or school.
Youth Talent Application(PDF, 413KB)