From Plans to Progress
City Development Updates
EUSTIS, Fla. (September 21, 2018) - Below are a few updates of some of the work projects taking place around the City of Eustis.
Palmetto Plaza – Phase II
The Contractor submitted the Building Permit application. The Building Department is now officially reviewing the updated plans and will notify the Contractor when to pick up the permit.
Putting in storm drains, 4 more tie-ins to do and
the CenturyLink utility conflict issue, which caused a short project delay, is resolved. The Contractor is again laying stormwater piping.
Eastern Wastewater Treatment Plant
We are currently in the close out process in which we are going to turn in the final progress report, reimbursement request and certification for construction completion to SJRWMD*. The Engineer is going to submit the record drawings and final operation and maintenance manuals to FDEP. The Contractor received final payment this week.
Sunset Island/Skate Park
The skate park is moving along nicely. Concrete shell for the bowl shape is completed and the street-course concrete sidewalls are being poured.
- Parking lot milled/resurfaced/paved (completed)
- Curbing squared (completed
- Resurfaced basketball courts and new backboards (completed)
- Installed new bleachers and benches at basketball courts (completed)
- Repaired the roof of the bleacher stands/dugouts (completed)
- Installed new picnic tables (completed)
- Installed new grills and wash area for BBQ area (completed)
- 2 tables left to install
All sidewalk work for this year has been completed.
Bid opened on Sept. 18 - Received two bids. Now evaluating bids and project budget.