CITY OF EUSTIS ANNOUNCES ANNEXATION INCENTIVE PROGRAM
EUSTIS, Fla. (April 24, 2018) – Want to become part of Eustis city limits and possibly save money too? The City of Eustis has established an annexation incentive program to help property owners bring their land into the City limits! Whether you are a homeowner, business owner, or developer, this program will waive all application fees associated with voluntary annexation requests submitted between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019. Qualifying property owners who participate will save $1,225 to $1,450 in application fees by applying during this fee-free annexation incentive period.
Not only will you save application fees, you will:
- See a 25% reduction in your monthly water, sewer, and reclaimed waste service rate;
- Receive fire protection services from the ISO class 2 rated Eustis Fire Department (which could possibly lower your homeowner’s insurance);
- Receive law enforcement services from the accredited Eustis Police Department;
- Gain access to the Eustis Memorial Library for all their services;
- Participate in resident Parks & Recreation Programs; and
- Last, but not least, if the property annexed is your residence, you will have the ability to vote in city elections and qualify to serve on a volunteer board and/or city commission.
Development Services will send individual notification letters to owners of enclave properties (enclaves are those surrounded by the city limits). These letters include an authorization form, a statement of annexation benefits, and a tax assessment comparison. Some property owners, depending on assessed taxable value and exemptions, may even see a decrease in their property tax!
There has never been a better time to become part of the City of Eustis and benefit from City services. Help us become “One Eustis,” because Eustis is all of us! For more information, please call Development Services at 352-483-5460 or visit www.eustis.org.