City of Eustis
Last Modified: May 13, 2020
Federal Stimulas Package Governor Ron DeSantis has authorized a public health emergency in the State of Florida allowing the State Health Officer to take any action necessary to protect the public health of its citizens.PDF Download
Gov. DeSantis Executive Orders (Recent): Phase I to re-open Florida (Powerpoint)
Lake County launched its ‘Reopen Lake’ website, outlining a detailed public health plan to guide residents, businesses and stakeholders through the recovery process. Reopen Lake is Lake County’s plan for restoring economic stability with special consideration to public health on our path to social normalcy and pandemic resilience.
Our county health department is your point of contact for any questions or concerns regarding the coronavirus.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care; contact your health care provider by phone ahead of your visit and tell them about your recent travel and symptoms
- Contact the Lake County Health Department http://lake.floridahealth.gov/
352-771-5500, After Hours 352-250-7329, Fax 352-669-3166
- For testing locations, please visit the County's website.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reminds everyone to practice proper hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information about coronavirus, please visit the webpages below:
State of Florida Department of Health
Live updates on cases worldwide, please visit Johns Hopkins CSSE
CDC General Information
CDC Prevention and Treatment
CDC Frequently Asked Questions
CDC Guidance for Businesses
Updates from the World Health Organization